Mandy's Greenhouses / Growing Tips
TO GROW GREAT TOMATOES:
- Plant in the garden after temperatures have stabilized at 20C in the day and 10C at night.
- Mulch around the base of the plants to prevent rain from splashing the lower leaves and the plants developing blossom end rot with uneven water management.
- Never water with cold water.
- Use 15-30-20 fertilizer for maximum fruit production.
- If weather does not warm up, consider placing some in large containers and pots. Pots will always be warmer than soil conditions and can be moved indoors if a frost threatens.
- When choosing varieties to grow, consider some that like it hot and some that like it cool. Remember that tomato plants cannot take freezing even when it says that they are cold-hardy.
- To stake or not to is an individual choice. Just remember to lay mulch on the ground if you are not staking so that the fruits are clean. Remember that in a hot summer crickets LOVE tomatoes, too.
Good Luck and Happy Growing!
Within these pages you will find some of the most unusual vegetables (plants and seeds) from all corners of the globe, as you will not find anywhere else! Welcome...be amazed and enjoy!