Mandy's Greenhouses / Organic Fertilizers
- WELL-AGED/COMPOSTED HORSE MANURE - For those run-down organic deficient garden soils and flower beds, we have 75 lb. bags of well-aged/composted horse manure…harvested off sandy based soils. These large bags will cover a fair sized garden AND require 2 people to lift them. Very reasonably priced. 75 – 100 lbs – $15.00
- GAIA GREEN PRODUCTS - dedicated to creating awareness about natural soil management practices and the advantages of using natural organic soil products. No filler here! Is dedicated to providing the highest quality organic fertilizer for Canadian farmers and gardeners in 1990 and on wards.
- All purpose, 200gm, 4-4-4 (test pack) -slow release for landscape & garden $3.50
- Green Glacial Rock Dust, 200gm. (test pack) – trace minerals for all plants. Nature’s finest mineral supplement! $3.50
- Power Bloom, 200gm, 2-8-4 (test pack) -slow release for perennials, annuals and especially for hanging baskets. $3.50
- SEA MAGIC - 30 gm. Pouch makes 250 liters/55 US gallons. Add to your currant fertilization program. Ascophyllum nodosum is harvested from the cold clear waters of the North Atlantic and is quickly dried under special procedure designed to keep its natural qualities intact. Instructions are also available to make a concentrated solution. This must be stored in a cool place. $8.00
- WORM CASTINGS – New for 2012! Is unprocessed natural manure made by the African Night Crawler earthworms. These was crawling “factories” of manufactured goodness: high in beneficial bacteria, organic matter, humus, nitrate nitrogen, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium in an easily absorb-able form. For those concerned, worm castings are odorless, moisture-retaining and will not leach from the soil. 100% pure! In 2011, I incorporated several pails & bags of worm castings into a garden trial bed of mine, involving kale, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage. I also added several spoons in the hole of each tomato variety that I was trialing. Later in the summer, I supplemented the tomato plants once more. Considering the summer was very dry and I was forced to watered almost everyday, all the plants in question thrived. I could honestly say that it was due greatly in part to these worm castings and my organic fertilization program. I have continued to use this natural product and am amazed at the endurance the plants have shown. I am excited to have a sufficient quantity on hand now to meet your needs. Please inquire at the G.H. on you next visit. Available in 10 lb bags…$20.00
- ALFALFA GREEN - Made right in Saskatchewan. This wonderfully nutritious organic fertilizer has quickly become the onus of choice for a world wide organic movement. The pelleted process uses no binders because the extreme heat and pressure, releases the natural pectin in the alfalfa, causing the pellets to bind and eliminate weed seeds. Plant societies have reported greener growth and stronger stems within 10 days of first application. Available in 50 lb. bags… $23.00
- Diatomaceous Earth – New for 2012! “It is an all natural product made from tiny fossilized water plants. It is a naturally occurring siliceous sedimentary mineral compound from microscopic skeletal remains of unicellular algae-like plants called diatoms. These plants have been part of the earth’s ecology since prehistoric times. 30 million years ago the diatoms built up into deep, chalky deposits of diatomite. The diatoms are mined and ground up to render a powder that looks and feels like talcum powder. It is a mineral based pesticide!” (quoted from” Golden Harvest Organics” 2008) See a very interesting article on this product at http://eap.mcgill.ca/publications/eap4.htm . Can be used in greenhouses, homes, gardens and on all types of plants & animals safely. Avoid breathing in this super fine dust! Available in 2 sizes: 1 lb. – $4.00 & 5 lbs. – $15.00
Within these pages you will find some of the most unusual vegetables (plants and seeds) from all corners of the globe, as you will not find anywhere else! Welcome...be amazed and enjoy!