Mandy's Greenhouses / Broccoli
Available as Seeds only! Packets will be $1.50. Once a variety is sold out, it will be marked as “N/A”.
- Calabrese – (aka Italian Sprouting) Popular in gardens since 1880. This tasty broccoli forms side shoots after the main head has been used, making it a perfect “cut & come again” variety. Excellent and healthy for salads. 60-90 days
- Early Green Sprouting - cool weather variety that produces numerous flower head clusters when placed in a sunny spot. Start early indoors. Matures in 75 to 80 days.
- Early Purple Sprouting - an English heirloom, bred for overwintering. Produces lots of purple sprouts in the spring. Grows slowly through the winter…very frost hardy. A great variety that is hard to find in N.A. Delicious! Limited!
- Purple Peacock - another open pollinated variety! A broccoli and kale natural cross. Now you can get 2 for the value of one! Heads are composted of loose purple/violet florets. This same gorgeous color runs rampant through out the stems and leaves! Produces more single side shoots than regular broccoli “head formers”. Sorry to tell you, that unless you are prepared to eat it raw…cooking or steaming turns it green, too! 70 days N/A
- Summer Purple Branching – nice surprise in my garden trials of late. Offered a lot more leaves, beside the “heads” than any of the other varieties, very useful for steaming. Another note: offered a large multi-branched “head” of many smaller florets, all season long. Was the last one to arrive in early fall, long after many others had come & gone. Plants grew from 4 to 5 feet! (Must have been the earthworm castings!) 80 – 100 days N/A
Within these pages you will find some of the most unusual vegetables (plants and seeds) from all corners of the globe, as you will not find anywhere else! Welcome...be amazed and enjoy!